Munich, GERMANY – April 4th, 2023 – PLAION and Australian developer Playcorp Studios invite you to embark on an epic journey as they launch Beyond Contact Version 1.0, a unique survival crafting game, on PC Steam today.
Following a successful Early Access launch, where the developers collaborated closely with a small but enthusiastic and dedicated community of players to enhance the game's features, Beyond Contact Version 1.0 is now available worldwide.
Explore a rich and vibrant universe with engaging gameplay, strategic crafting mechanics, and an ongoing epic battle against The Corrupted that will keep you captivated and wanting more.
Watch the launch trailer here.
Beyond Contact is an innovative science fiction survival crafting game that features a top-down art style inspired by pulp science-fiction comics, providing a distinct visual aesthetic.
The game offers players the option to engage in a narrative-driven Story Mode or an open-ended Conquest Mode. The game's narrative objectives and moral dilemmas are reminiscent of contemporary science-fiction films.
Beyond Contact Version 1.0 gameplay includes a robust system of research and crafting, allowing players to create a wide variety of tools, weapons, gadgets, and structures to aid in their survival. The habitat building, farming, and game mechanics are fun and satisfying to use. The game's open world features a diverse array of fauna and flora. For players who prefer a more casual pace, the game offers a range of game customization settings.
"We are thrilled to release Beyond Contact Version 1.0, a game that our talented team has poured their hearts and souls into. We hope players will see the love and passion put into it from a team that truly cares. We have big plans for the game, and we hope to continue to bring new and exciting experiences to our players." - Chris Mosely, CEO of Playcorp Studios
Key features added for the Beyond Contact Version 1.0 release:
- New Conquest Mode: Join the fight for control of the planet Ketern in Beyond Contact's new Conquest Mode. This free-form survival experience offers endless gameplay, huge base-building opportunities, and epic battles against the formidable Corrupted hordes.
- Updated Story Mode: Polished through collaboration with the dedicated community, the Story Mode is ready to immerse players in an epic journey of exploration and discovery where you fight to save an entire civilization and planet from annihilation.
- New unique playable characters: A diverse cast of new characters, each with their own unique skills, abilities, and equipment. Quinn is a versatile generalist, Kangah a fierce warrior, and Professor Zaine an expert builder. New characters are also being created for post release.
- New farming mechanics: Create genetically modified plants, build farms inside protective habitats, optimize yields to secure your survival in an unforgiving world.
- A whole new base construction & customization system: With the new Habitat system, you can build the ultimate survival sanctuary and take your base-building creativity to the next level.
- Enhanced multiplayer features: Work cooperatively with other players to succeed. Each player can use a character with unique abilities, skills, and tools. Revive fallen teammates with new multiplayer only features. Work together to complete shared research and objectives.
Beyond Contact Version 1.0 is available now on PC via Steam for 19.99€.
For more information about Beyond Contact Version 1.0, please visit PLAION press server or the official Beyond Contact site.
Playcorp Studios Pty. Ltd. (“Playcorp”) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Playcorp Holdings Pty. Ltd. Playcorp is headquartered in Melbourne, Australia. The company was founded by Silvio Salom and Chris Mosely to make video games for PC and console. Playcorp designs rich, immersive and collaborative worlds, where players can not only have fun but explore the concepts of social and environmental responsibility. Playcorp promotes diversity and equal opportunity, whilst creating a working environment where excellence can thrive. It’s games reflect its core values.
Playcorp Studios Pty. Ltd. (“Playcorp”) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Playcorp Holdings Pty. Ltd. Playcorp is headquartered in Melbourne, Australia. The company was founded by Silvio Salom and Chris Mosely to make video games for PC and console. Playcorp designs rich, immersive and collaborative worlds, where players can not only have fun but explore the concepts of social and environmental responsibility. Playcorp promotes diversity and equal opportunity, whilst creating a working environment where excellence can thrive. Its games reflect its core values.
PLAION runs a multi-label strategy, with fully owned publishing units, such as Deep Silver, Prime Matter, Milestone, Vertigo Games and Ravenscourt, publishing games for consoles, PC and VR platforms across all physical and digital channels.
Additionally - as a global publishing partner - PLAION has formed long-term multinational publishing collaborations with numerous game publishers including Activision Blizzard, Bethesda, Capcom, Focus Multimedia, Giants Software, Koei Tecmo, Paradox, Sega, SNK, Square Enix, Techland, THQ Nordic, Tripwire, Warner Bros and many others.
With its parent company in Höfen, Austria - and the HQ in Munich, Germany - PLAION owns local publishing companies in Germany, UK, France, Spain, Italy, Sweden, the Netherlands, Austria, Switzerland, Poland, Australia, the United States as well as Japan and Hong Kong.
PLAION owns nine game development studios: Deep Silver Dambuster Studios (Nottingham, UK), Fishlabs (Hamburg, DE), Warhorse Studios (Prague, CZ), Milestone (Milan, IT), Voxler (Paris, FR) , DigixArt (Montpellier, FR), Flying Wild Hog (Warsaw, Kraków, Rzeszów, PL), Free Radical Design (Nottingham, UK) and Vertigo Games (Rotterdam, Amsterdam, NL). Additionally, PLAION collaborates with numerous independent development studios around the world.
Part of PLAION is also PLAION PICTURES, a leading independent film distributor in Europe with a library of more than 1.400 titles. Further business operations include Sola Media, a sales agency and production company for family entertainment, Spotfilm Networx, a multi-channel streaming network, and a sub-label dedicated to Japanese animation.
PLAION also owns the leading video game merchandise company DPI Merchandising (Denver, Roseburg, USA and Munich, DE) and a Quality Assurance Facility in Olomouc, CZ.
PLAION is an Embracer Group company.